CoLibri Book Covers FAQ's
CoLibri Book Covers FAQ's
How to cover Paperback Books
How to cover Hardcover Books
1. How long will Colibri covers last?
The shelf life of the material is 100 years or more*. The covers are expected to double the life of a book if it is covered at its purchase. If the book has been used significantly, the Colibri cover will still add 30-50% to the life of the book.
2. Do I need Tape?
No tape, glue or adhesives are needed.
3. Do I need sticky tape or scissors?
No tape, glue, scissors or adhesives are needed. It’s a simple pressure and seal technique without the need for any sharp blades.
4. Why do I have to start with the back cover first?
Inserting the back cover first helps to ensure the cover height is correct and square because the back of cover has a slightly deeper pocket than the front of the cover.
5. Can I weld other materials with the machine?
No, the machine is designed to weld only our Polyethylene covers.
6. What size covers do I need to buy?
You can choose from three sizes of Colibri covers. Mini, Standard, and Big. But remember that the Leonardo does not take books that require a cutting width greater than 500mm, so it will only accept Mini and standard covers. The Pocket will accept all three sizes. The normal distribution of size is the following: 30% Mini, 60% Standard and 10% Big.
8. Will children get hurt if they use a CoLibri book covering machine?
No, the system is safe for children to use, however we do recommend supervision for children under the age of 12.
9. How does the system actually cut the covers?
Two rollers are used to gently “pull” the plastic material after the heat welds it. There are no blades or other sharp objects used in the system.
The CoLibri Cover System uses three cover sizes to produce custom-fit covers that would be able to cover 98% of all books ever published.
Covering a Soft Cover Book
1. Choose which of the three covers to use based on the size of the paperback. Place the cover on the work surface.
2. Insert one cover of the book into one of the pockets in the CoLibri cover. It is recommended that you begin by inserting the back cover of the book into the right hand pocket to guarantee proper positioning.
3. Insert the excess top part CoLibri cover into the slot and press the lever. In just three seconds the cover is welded and trimmed without the use of glue.
4. Insert the other cover of the book into the corresponding pocket. Since the book has a flexible cover, you just have to curve it and slide it into the pocket.
5. Close the book and make sure the cover is properly positioned. Insert the excess side cover into the slot.
6. Repeat the welding and trimming operation by pressing the lever. In just 20 seconds the book is perfectly protected and ready for use.